Day Semi-Private Sailing Cruise (Carpe Diem)
Enjoy a cruise at the best spots of Santorini!
- Type: Day (Semi-Private)
- Duration: 5 hours
- Departure Time: Daily @ 10:00 AM
- Start/End Point:
Vlychada Marina / Vlychada Marina
- Transfer: FREE Pick up & Drop off service
The Itinerary of the Day Semi-Private Sailing Cruise (Carpe Diem)
The Day Semi- Private Sailing Cruise by Renieris Santorini Sailing Center starting from the marina of Vlychada is a convenient opportunity to enjoy a cruise to the best spots of Santorini. Our mini-bus will take you to the beautiful and tranquil marina of Vlychada and the experience has already begun. The luxurious catamaran Carpe Diem sails towards the beautiful village of Akrotiri and the famous, scarlet rocks of the Read Beach are now in front of you to take some breath-taking photos. The beach colour changes to white as we sail to the White Beach.
The first stop for swimming is at the black beach of Mesa Pigadia. Use the snorkelling gear provided to explore the underwater landscape of this beach. Then we sail to the Indian Face cliff and the caves where you can take some photos of this impressive setting. The next site is the Venetian Lighthouse of Akrotiri at the southern spot of the island. Get ready to see and feel the real Santorini as we stop at the Hot Springs to enjoy swimming at the warm mineral waters that will rejuvenate your skin.
The next stop is all about gastronomy on board, so depending on the weather, we stop at Nea Kameni or Thirasia islands for more swimming and a lunch experience made with the finest ingredients. This great experience comes to an end as we return to the marina of Vlychada for the mini-bus to take you back to your hotel a little bit happier and more experienced as you have just participated in the Semi- Private Day Cruise from Vlychada by Renieris Santorini Sailing Center.
- The schedule is always subject to changes depending on weather conditions.
What is included
- Transfers to and from the yacht
- Water, soft drinks, wine, beer
- BBQ meal on board
- Cold plates and salads
- Snorkelling equipment
- Port Authority expenses
- All taxes
- Captain & crew
- Full insurance
The authentic side of sailing!
It is apparent that great care was taken in the aesthetic and functional design of the yacht: on deck, the coach roof lines are long and elegant, the forms are dynamic, spaces are cleverly used, and ergonomics are optimal. The large bench-seat in the helm station quickly becomes the favourite spot to take part in and enjoy the navigation. A high ratio sail plan and fine hull appendices make the “Carpe Diem” a fast, seaworthy, comfortable and elegant catamaran. The indoor saloon provides a 360° panoramic view and is a superb living space. The light oak Alpi woodwork and the laminated wenge wooden floor give a modern and relaxing feel. The aft cabins are fit for royalty with their queen-size central bed! Large hull fixed windows bring in lots of natural light and offer an unsurpassed view outside while staying discrete. The Catamaran S/Y Carpe Diem is available for private and semi-private cruises around the impressive caldera of Santorini and full day private only cruises to enjoy the coastal beauty of Santorini even more.
You will love this boat for:
- Its luxurious interior and exterior
- Its modern facilities that make it resemble those of a 5 star hotel
- Its construction and extra equipment that make it the safest vessel for rough seas with unpredictable winds like the Aegean
- The 25 years of sailing experience in the area of the Captain that guarantee not only the safest travel but also access to all the hidden gems of the Aegean islands and a view of them that few have the chance to see
- Excellent for multiple day cruises for a couple or a family or a romantic day cruise around Santorini
The S/Y Carpe Diem Lagoon 440 Specifications
- Type of boat: CATAMARAN SAILING YACHT
- Model: LAGOON 440
- Manufacturer: LAGOON
- Length: 13,61 m \ 44’8’’ ft.
- Beam:7,7 m \ 25' 3" ft.
- Draft: 1,30 m \ 6' 7" ft.
- Year of construction: 2008
- Capacity: 24 passengers
- Cabins: 4 Double with private bath in each one + 1 crew
- Beds: 4 double
- Engine power: 2 x 54 HP
- Water capacity: 900 lit
- Fuel tank capacity: 650 lit
- Showers in the interior: 4
- Main base: SANTORINI MARINA
The S/Y Carpe Diem Lagoon 440 Equipment
- Furling (Roll) Genoa
- Under deck
- CD/MP3 player
- Battery charger
- Chart table
- USB Player
- 2 x Life raft
- Anchor with chain
- Swimming ladder
- Electric anchor windlass
- Bimini top
- Swim platform
- Aft Hydraulic gangway
- Side gangway
- VHF Radio
- Windex (Wind Direction Indicator)
- Navigation charts
- Log speed
- Depth sounder
- Hot water
- Microwave oven
Points of interest
The main points of interest of a Day Semi-Private Cruise (Carpe Diem) by Renieris Santorini Sailing Center.
- Vlychada Marina
- Red Beach
- White Beach
- Mesa Pigadia Beach
- Indian Face Cliff
- Lighthouse of Akrotiri
- Hot Springs
- Nea Kameni (Volcano) or Thirasia
Why you will love this cruise:
- The view of Santorini’s caldera from the sea, with its villages on top of the cliffs resembling snow-capped peaks.
- All the little coves and bays not reachable from land.
- The refreshing feeling on your skin after swimming in the Hot Springs.
- The taste of the organic salads and fruit that grow in our own farms and the delicious BBQ with fresh products along with seafood choices.
- You will be guided by locals who will provide you with information on the history of Santorini and useful tips for your stay on the island.
- A sailing cruise is a great place to meet new, like-minded people and have great company during the journey and, why not, even the rest of your vacation on Santorini!
- Choose dark coloured bathing suits if you are planning on swimming in the Hot Springs since the iron and sulphur can stain light-coloured materials.
- Don’t forget to bring your sun lotion and a hat.
- Be sure to bring a camera. The crew will take care of your belongings while you swim.
- If you are taking the cruise in April-May or late September-October carrying a light jacket is advisable.
- Inform us in advance of any dietary preferences or allergies.
- The schedule is always subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Make a request
Your Best Choice
Renieris Santorini Sailing Center is the top choice for the best sailing experience in Santorini!
Let's discover what makes a sailing cruise with us such a memorable, delicious and fun experience:
- We employ the most experienced captains and crews on the island since 1991.
- We have a great fleet which includes motor yachts, catamarans and speed boats.
- We serve on board high quality food made with the finest local ingredients.
- Special menus (vegetarians, gluten free) are also available.
- Fish dishes- both on private and on semi-private cruises.
- Our vessels sail either from the Vlychada Marina or Ammoudi Bay.
- We offer the safest and fastest transfers.
- We offer great options and prices for private cruises.